For those around infants in any situation, the Infant CPR class teaches students how to recognize and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in infants under 1 year old. (3 hours, 45 minutes)
What You Will Learn:
- Recognizing an Emergency. What are some unusual sights appearances or behaviors in infants or children that can help you recognize an emergency situation?
- Protecting Yourself. What precautions can you take to minimize the risk of disease transmission when giving care?
- Check-Call-Care. Once you recognize an emergency, remain calm and follow the emergency action steps: Check-Call-Care.
- How to care for a infant who is choking.
- Prioritizing care. In an emergency with more than one victim, how would you determine which victim needs care first?
- Recognize and care for a child or infant who is not breathing.
- Care for cardiac emergencies.