Designed for those who care for children, either full time or occasionally, the Child CPR course teaches participants how to recognize and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies in children ages 1-12 and younger.
Whether you're a professional childcare provider, teacher or parent, you invest daily in a child's future. Trust the American Red Cross to help you make sure they reach their future safely. Backed by over 90 years of lifesaving experience, the American Red Cross offers the most comprehensive, current and high quality Child CPR programs available. Our Child CPR training is based on the latest scientific findings.
What You Will Learn:
- Recognizing an Emergency. What are some unusual sights appearances or behaviors in infants or children that can help you recognize an emergency situation?
- Protecting Yourself. What precautions can you take to minimize the risk of disease transmission when giving care?
- Check-Call-Care. Once you recognize an emergency, remain calm and follow the emergency action steps: Check-Call-Care.
- How to care for a child who is choking.
- Prioritizing care. In an emergency with more than one victim, how would you determine which victim needs care first?
- Recognize and care for a child or infant who is not breathing.
- Care for cardiac emergencies.
Class Length: Approximately 3 hours, 40 minutes.
Certificate Issued and Validity Period
CPR—Child: 1 year